|Location||Social Circle, GA|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2020|
- Supports the local execution und implementation of GMS Data Science strategy and initiatives.
- Supports in managing and executing local data science initiatives.
- Gathers and identifies local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global GMS data science.
- Supports and leads Continued Process Verification Plans, Continuous Improvement, Investigations, and trainings.
Â Â Â Â
Job Function and Description
- Supports the execution for local implementation of GMS data science roadmap initiatives.
- Supports in managing and driving local data science initiatives according to prioritization (e.g. Predictive Maintenance, Down Time Analysis, Yield Improvement etc.). Manages the respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies accordingly.
- Supports in managing and driving local process monitoring and process improvement in collaboration with global GMSdata science (e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools) and AGILE/Operational Excellence team.
- Supports in managing, driving and executing respective reporting in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. automated daily/monthly/annual).
- Supports and participates in global/functional/local GMS data science community.
- Drives necessary local trainings.
Education and Experience Requirements
Â Â Â Â Â Â
- University degree of science/business/engineering: Advanced degree (Bachelor and/or Master/MBA) in highly quantitive field, e.g. in Engineering, Mathematics, IT, Economics or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy/Economics, Technology and Innovation Management.
- 2+ years work experience in data analysis related position or equivalent academic experience/course record.
- Hands-on experience in applying and executing Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital with respective programming knowledge.
- Contribution to github repositories and stackoverflow and participations in competitions, e.g. on kaggle, data challenges, hackathons are advantageous.
- Demonstrated contribution or interest to ethics of Artificial Intelligence.
- Fluent in English.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Strong expertise and experience in Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital.
- Respective programming knowledge in Python/R/C is required. Further programming experience is advantageous.
- Proficiency in database languages (SQL), understanding of data models and databases.
- Compositional data analysis and analyzing time series data.
- Distributed computing, stochastic modelling, sampling methods and randomized algorithms.
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence methods.
Complexity and Problem Solving
Â Â Â Â
- Change management complexity.
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts and the other way.
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives.
- Responsible for day to day operation of local data science function, covering all data science levels and related technologies.
- Translate data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning trends and technologie into execution.
Internal and External Contacts
Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Impact across GMS portfolio ( Role requires partnership with local functions, IT, Engineering, Quality and Global Data Science team).
- Ability to interface with international stakeholders and to connect internal and external data analytics experts of both academia and industries.
- Clear partnership with Quality is required to ensure alignment for data science processes.
Other Job Requirements
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Willingness to travel to various internal/external Takeda meetings and events.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takedaâs Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law â Supplement - www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.