|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
We are at the forefront of innovation in creating intelligent and interactive machines. Samsung's perspective on Artificial Intelligence is to build an ecosystem that is user-centric rather than device-centric. A world where Artificial Intelligence can recommend and perform integrated and seamless functions across all your devices -- it gets to know you better and better, continuously learning through interactions with you.
We work on distributed deep learning at scale across hundreds of GPU nodes to accelerate and automate deep learning workflows in a Kubernetes environment - on premises and in the cloud. We specialize in making deep neural networks work best on GPU High Performance Computing clusters; we love to work on scaling, breakthrough performance and record shattering benchmarks.
We are looking for an artificial intelligence scientist with at least 2 years of professional experience to develop AI models that can be applied in solving business problems. The candidate must be capable of researching and developing AI algorithms to process and interpret structured and non-structured data. Ability to communicate with non-technical audiences to elicit requirements and summarize findings is required. This role is 80% coding and 20% research.
- Survey and research state of the art AI technologies to identify appropriate technical solutions.
- Come up with fundamental technical ideas in the AI domain and design / conduct experiments to verify them and write them up as technical reports or publications.
- Design, implement, and optimize AI models using mainstream machine learning frameworks.
- Prototype AI based solutions by performing training, validation, and testing.
- Define procedures for obtaining data, ensuring validity and accuracy.
- Collaborate with product managers to elicit model requirements.
- Write Cluster Software with Distributed Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch Frameworks.
- Write REST based Micro-Services Software in Python.
- Write various deep learning software involving data & label preparation, model functions, input functions, hyper-parameter search, training and inference at scale.
- Perform cluster debugging of software running on Kubernetes.
- Write GPU Scheduling algorithms for Kubernetes.
- Write Benchmarking software for various Distributed Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch Frameworks.
- Provide expert level knowledge of Distributed Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch Frameworks to team members and customers.
- Write code in a manner that does not fail in production.
- Above all, deliver very high-quality code that can be maintained in production.
- Knowledge of modern theory and algorithms in the areas of AI, statistical machine learning, and deep learning.
- Experience and knowledge of computer vision and image processing algorithms OR experience and knowledge of natural language processing.
- Experience with Deep Learning architectures such as Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN) and Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN).
- Experience with Python and/or C++ programming languages.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Caffe.
- Hands-on experience with data modeling and analysis.
- Strong analytical and algorithmic problem-solving skills.
- Publication record in the mentioned technical areas.
- Ph.D. or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Strength in algorithm design.
- Interest in writing patents.
- Interest in distributed systems.
- Expertise in Kubernetes.
- Expertise in Distributed Computing.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO)