|Date Posted||May 1, 2021|
We are looking for a Data Science Product Manager that is passionate about machine learning and personalization. This person will lead ground breaking, artificial intelligence/ machine learning algorithm-centered innovation projects aimed at delivering new experiences for AAP members that drive business value to AAP. We are also looking for this person to deliver insights to the business to inform automotive parts assortment, distribution of AAP products with an emphasis on direct to consumer, and brand and marketing insights and activations to help power AAP digital transformation!
What Will You Work On
In this highly visible and high-profile role, you will assist with the development and execution of product vision and strategy, lead the end-to-end lifecycle of a product (ideation through sustainment), and help identify market opportunities. You will lead the business of the data products as well as the functionality, design, and features. You will define and execute detailed roadmaps and product priorities based on a solid understanding of consumer needs and data science. The Data Science Product Manager will influence, educate, and advocate on tactical product decisions as well as the strategic decisions to enable the next slate of outstanding experiences for AAP members.
Who Will You Work With
You will lead cross-functional teams across the AAP passionate about delivering artificial intelligence/ machine learning algorithms that power customer experiences and data products. You will work in close collaboration with data scientists on the Data Science teams. This may involve any combination of the following teams: Data Engineering & Merchandising, Pricing ,AAP Direct (E-Commerce, Direct to Consumer), and Marketing. You’ll also partner closely with Digital Product Experience, AAP core business units, and engineering partners such as data engineering, pipeline development, etc. You will report directly to the Senior Director, Data Science.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate education (MS or PhD) in an applied quantitative field or equivalent experience at a cutting-edge company
- 3-5 years building data science products powered by artificial intelligence in a large organization
- Demonstrated ability to conduct customer interviews (internal and external), identify problems, and determine if/how artificial intelligence can/will solve the problem
- Robust understanding of consumer products industry including industry participants, channels (eCommerce, brick & mortar, and wholesale channels), customers and market segments, and innovations
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience collaborating with data scientists, engineers, and designers solving customer problems with a tool /platform that was powered by artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Demonstrated experience using mathematical modeling and machine learning to solve business problems
- Demonstrated experience as a product manager. Specific activities include: formulating product strategy, evaluating and prioritizing ideas, creating business cases, defining product features, being responsible for development, and orchestrating product launch / releases
- Familiar with traditional PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies
- Record of clearly defining and measuring what success looks like for previously managed products (by using OKRs, Key Performance Indicators, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Organizational leadership and influence without relying on hierarchy
- Ability to communicate persuasive arguments, write clearly and concisely, listen attentively, and negotiate with partners to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Ability to lead cross-functional product squads and influence without authority
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Product Management