|Date Posted||June 12, 2020|
US Tech Solutions is seeking a “Data Engineer” for 1 year possible extension contract position with a client in Allentown, PA
- As a Data Engineer, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary Agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from our connected data, enabling client's to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities of our enterprise. This role requires deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions.They are an Agile learner, possess strong problem-solving skills, work as part of a technical, cross functional analytics team, and want to Solve complex data problems and deliver the insights to enable analytics strategy.
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
- Create data products for analytics and data scientist team members to improve their productivity
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering in order to improve our productivity as a team
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic data engineering capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Learn about machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- 5 years of experience working in data engineering or architecture role, 7+ preferred
- Expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming language (Python/PySpark or Scala preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space (preferred)
- Database development experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud data lake technologies
- Worked with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Shiny
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience using Hive, Impala, Spark and familiarity with Kafka (Preferred)
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system (Preferred)
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Passionate about Agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and experimentation
- Experience working on a collaborative Agile product team
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving and learning skills
- Flexibility to changes in work direction as the project develops
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated strong number sense, intellectually curious and willing to adjust position based on additional information
- Strong work ethic; ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
About US Tech Solutions:
Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.
You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global
Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.
Connect with our talent team today.
USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated “The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: www.ustechsolutions.com.
“US Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send their resume to Garima at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]