|Date Posted||December 24, 2020|
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the top tier food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our ambitious culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
As part of the Nestle USA manufacturing digitalization team, the Data Analytics Engineer – Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for leveraging data, data analytics tools, and statistical techniques to help realize manufacturing business goals.
As a Data Analytics Engineer – BI Analyst, you will help to solve complex business problems by designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining Business Intelligence solutions and deriving actionable business insights. You are expected to be self-motivated, result-driven, and demonstrate the ability to learn fast and utilize learnings. A sense of urgency and the ability to work under tight deadlines are critical for this role's success.
• Works with data and integration architect, business analysts, business units, infrastructure engineering, and information technology teams to build, deploy and support data analytics and business intelligence solutions.
• Participate in requirement gathering process, analyze data related requirements, determine statistical calculations, patterns and algorithms, create requirements specification documents and use cases.
• Determine and create efficient conceptual, logical and physical data models to enable efficient data integration, storage, transformation and analysis.
• Contribute in raw data collection, data transformation, cleansing and data mining process. Primary data sources involve various factory automation systems, engineering and production applications, SAP ERP, SAP Business Warehouse, various databases, file systems, and various cloud SaaS applications.
• Determine data visualization requirements, conduct proof of concepts, recommend appropriate tools and techniques, create and maintain data visualization outputs (e.g. reports, charts, apps).
• Conduct data exploratory analysis, identify patterns, perform predictive and prescriptive analytics, and come up with actionable business insights.
• Contribute building and maintaining data warehouse, data lake, data catalogs, data services using concepts like big-data, cloud services, containers.
• Drive establishing data governance process for structured and non-structured data. Implement data lifecycle, data security and data compliance processes across manufacturing business units.
• Contribute in vendor selection, tools selection, candidate interviews process.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Applied Mathematics, Statistic or other related discipline. Relevant experience will be considered.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in previous data analytics, data engineer, business intelligence, or statistical analyst roles. Working experience with CPG manufacturing, engineering or production related data domains is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working with data collection, data mining, data exploration, data transformation, processing tools and techniques.
• 3+ years of experience designing and building data visualization, business insights development, statistical models, conducting predictive or prescriptive analytics, advance analytics.
• 2+ years of experience developing efficient data models (relational, hierarchical, conceptual, logical, and physical)
• 2+ years of building and/or supporting data warehouse, data lake, data mart, Big data, data catalogs using cloud services or on-premise platforms.
• Detailed understanding of data governance, master data management, data security and compliance related processes.
• An experience working with Machine Learning, image or sound analytics, Artificial Intelligence is advantageous.
• Experience developing ETL (Extraction Transformation Load), data flows, or data interfaces with on-premise or cloud applications is desirable.
• Technical Skills (hands-on).
- Data exploration solutions like – Altreryx, Knime, or RapidMiner
- Statistical computing and data mining – Python, R, SQL.
- Data visualization – Power BI (preferred), Tableau.
- Data Modeling tools like – erwin, SQL server management studio.
- Source code management like – Azure DevOps services (preferred), git.
- Exposure to ETL, data collection or formatting tools – SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MuleSoft, informatica.
- Exposure to data warehouse / lake platforms – Azure (preferred), Snowflake, Hadoop.
- Exposure to tools related to master data management, data governance, data security.
- Understanding of data formats like – XML, JSON, YAML, CSV.
- Knowledge of manufacturing data solutions like OSISoft, Braincube is advantageous.
• Functional skills
- Maintain a professional demeaner that portrays integrity and respect for others.
- Strong analytical, statistical mindset with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fast learning, applying learnings into the job, and coaching other team members.
- Ability to drive requirement gathering process, summarize, articulate ideas, present results, communicate status.
- Significant depth of knowledge and track record of accomplishments in multiple data analytics and technology areas, focusing on manufacturing and operations.
- Familiarity with industry standards, such as ANSI/ISA-95 and ANSI/ISA-88.
- Familiarity with compliance and security processes (e.g. FDA, GDPR, ISO). Ability to support audits.
- Ability to collaborate with team members in architecture, business analyst, Project management, infrastructure, and operations to construct analytics solutions and support it.
- Knowledge of development environments and support tools.
- Safety Responsibilities:
o Understand when and how to wear appropriate personal protection (i.e., goggles when using compressed air).
o Use proper lifting techniques.
o Understand dust explosion hazards.
o Understand emergency evacuation routes and evacuation procedures.
o Understand and follow Behavior Based Safety programs.
- Quality Assurance/Product Safety:
o Adhere to all GMP requirements and quality programs.