|Date Posted||July 12, 2020|
The position of the Chief Data Scientist/Machine Learning (ML) Senior Researcher is to perform in a demanding, high-energy position requiring flexibility and innovative technical solutions to the challenges of processing, interpreting and analyzing large volumes of data, including text, images and other media. We are seeking individuals with a unique blend of research and operational experience, in order to apply machine learning models and deep learning approaches to the problem of recognition in complex environments given sparse or limited training data. The ML Senior Researcher will provide research direction and project leadership, develop innovative concepts for further exploration, and implement solutions that extend the state of the art for applications that range from automatic image recognition to text classification.
**This position will allow for telework, at least through 2020 and mostly telework following 2020 with about 10% travel**
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
- Develop topic descriptions for creative and innovative approaches to solving challenges
- Provide leadership & organization to other team members
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing machine learning approaches, especially deep learning, applicable across multiple domains.
- Advanced degree in machine learning (Ph.D highly desired) or a related discipline, such as artificial intelligence and/or in key domain areas including Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering Geosciences, Material Science with a focus and experience with applied machine learning/artificial intelligence.
- At least ten years of specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions using machine-learning libraries and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to execute pilot projects independently and then guide the implementation of large-scale implementations by subject matter experts.
- Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
- Strong data analysis skills using R or a comparable platform, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Geosciences, Material Science.
- PhD with publication track record relative to Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
- Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as PI.
- Familiarity with existing deep learning libraries (e.g., Theano, Caffe, Torch).
- Prior experience with several of the following models and/or methods for supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised machine learning: Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, Convolutional Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Markov Chain Monte Carlo methods, and/or clustering methods such as Latent Dirichlet Allocation.
- Experience in GPU development (including GPGPU iOS).
- Ability to obtain a DOE Q Clearance.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Federal Energy, Environment and Commerce Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services