|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||January 28, 2020|
Are you highly motivated, detailed oriented and passionate about preparing for your career Then we are looking for someone just like YOU to join our team!
We look for people who can dream, think, create and grow. Our culture thrives on embracing and rewarding imagination and is characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement. We pride ourselves on sharing ideas, diversity of thought and embracing dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond. As we continue to grow we need YOU to meet our demands for success.
We have developed and executed differentiated strategies that are helping us thrive in a rapidly changing industry.
There is no shortage of talent – we work hard to make Sterling an employer of choice.
None of the bureaucracy found in larger banks – open door policy with all executives.
One Dream, One Team, One Purpose, One Culture
Our Single Point of Contact model ensures every client and colleague feels valued and knows who to reach out to for specific guidance. Our purpose is to use the power of banking to move our company forward. We believe in a fair, ethical, and sustainable future—one where everyone thrives on a compliant and level playing field.
We are a results-driven culture, with a keen focus on collaboration + acceleration. We work hard, We win as a team, and We honor the diversity of skills brought by the collective.
What’s in it for YOU
We aim to help you figure out exactly where you see yourself in our business. Whatever your passion, we will support you in getting the skills necessary to make your mark.
Sterling is a growing company which consistently generates top-tier results in the financial services industry. Our strategy and competitive edge depend critically on harnessing data and analytics to drive shareholder value across every dimension of the business. The Chief Data Officer is a senior level position responsible for establishing an overall data and information management architecture, overseeing the execution of the data transformation plan and driving advanced applications of analytics across the company.
The Chief Data Officer will lead our transformation to a company that leverages data as a core asset and growth driver. This will entail creating a best-in-class data and analytic capability that will result in quantifiable outcomes, enable identification of new product and market opportunities and deliver unique data partnerships that fuel innovation. The successful candidate will deploy technical expertise, superior strategic thinking, outstanding organizational leadership and a balanced approach to the mix of buy, build, partner strategies to deliver value.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Chief Data Officer is responsible for overseeing activities of the data development and business intelligence teams to ensure proper execution of duties and alignment with the company’s overall vision, through the creation of new data sciences capabilities for the company by envisioning and executing strategies to influence performance improvement by enabling informed decision-making.
This role will lead the development of big data capabilities and utilization as well as the coordination of cross-functional analytic initiatives; work with executives and various departmental heads across to provide advanced analytic data modeling systems as well as design and launch innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques, which he applies to both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Directs and oversees the development of organizing, storing and analyzing hardware/software strategic information and operational/production data. Designs, develops and maintains data warehouses, data stores, customer relationship management and other business intelligence systems to ensure they meet organizational requirements.
- Develops and recommends the organization's strategic and long-range goals based on analysis and studies of business conditions. Ensures the best use of the organization's resources for the establishment of key objectives and mission realization, considering organization's strengths, weaknesses, capacity, and products.
- Monitors and evaluates results of existing plans to ensure growth and profitability and makes adjustments as necessary. Keeps leadership abreast of changes in the industry or sector and impact of events on the business climate and incorporates relevant trend data into all plans.
- Act as executive sponsor and advocate for the continuous development of advanced data and analytics capabilities across the company. Regularly interface with client leadership and internal/external senior executives as appropriate to develop and execute a central data strategy.
- Create an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate levels of access controls. Create strategic data access policies for internal and external constituents. Oversee all central data investment and decisions.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
Who We Want
- For this position you must have, at least 10 years of relevant and progressive experience managing or supporting in a significant role, the acquisition, integration, and acceptance lifecycle of one or more complex computational systems or system upgrades in a mission critical or production R&D computational environment.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated project management, analytical, strategic, problem solving experience; displaying an ability to work effectively within complex decision making and organizational structures.
- At least 3 years of full-time programming experience within an operations or technical department
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelor’s, and/or Master’s) preferred, yet a High School diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or else extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration
- Demonstrated ability to lead technically oriented teams such as developers and/or data scientists
- Understanding of programming concepts and application development. In-depth understanding of one or more computational technical areas such as advanced modeling and simulation
- Domain knowledge in artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Strong business acumen and judgment, with the ability think strategically about business issues and accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; including solid knowledge of statistical methods and benchmarking techniques with the ability to identify performance metrics that accurately reflect the state of a given process and/or business
- Proven track record of successfully driving bottom line results both individually and as part of a high-performance team
- A passion for finding, understanding, documenting, and improving analytic insights and strategic data usage
- Knowledge of data analysis languages and open source big data technologies preferred.
- Experience with process management design and optimization
- Familiarity with contemporary artificial intelligence practices and capabilities and data-centric enterprise risk management programs, preferred
- Experience with implementing and leveraging leading analytic capabilities
- An inclusive, hands-on leadership style with proven experience leading, motivating, developing and inspiring others.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma methodology preferred