|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Strategy Analytics Relationship Manager will focus on developing a wholesale-wide framework and engagement model that drives the development and deployment of predictive models and building new analytic capabilities. This role will also champion and drive the adoption of new enterprise analytic platforms and artificial intelligence and modeling techniques available that help Wholesale business partners more effectively and efficiently achieve their data and reporting goals.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Assessment & Planning:
- Partner with Wholesale Analytics team within the COO and all Wholesale LOBs to identify and prioritize use cases where advanced analytic solutions may add significant value
- Engage with Data Management and Enterprise Innovation groups to explore, develop, and deploy machine learning solutions
- Develop a framework and engagement model that is supported by Wholesale LOBs and Data Management/ Enterprise Innovation groups for an efficient, user-friendly experience
- Assist in the assessment of use cases and assist in the determination if traditional analytic solution can be used, or if AI/ML should be the selected path
- Partner with DMI & Enterprise Innovation group to determine which use cases warrant enterprise support and oversight
- Maintain a pipeline of advanced analytic use cases and prioritize resources and efforts to deliver solutions with most value-add to Wholesale.
- Ensure consistent use of Artificial Intelligence/ML tools across Wholesale analytics and LOB teams per enterprise governance and guidance
- Engage with industry experts and enterprise partners to uncover new applications for advanced analytics techniques
- Communicate and reinforce the target AI operating model across Wholesale
- Serve as a liaison to our enterprise center of excellence to recommend enhancements to the new capabilities and processes
- Communicate AI and modeling usage and success stories across Wholesale LOB’s and advocate for its advancement to uncover new opportunities
- Drive visible and practical advancement of solutions (small wins)
Modeling and Innovation:
- Partner with enterprise teams during the build of models for use by Wholesale LOBs to optimize RM activities, drive high impact advice to clients, maximize capacity of relationship managers, enhance product offerings, and understand and predict client behaviors
- Partner with DMI, Enterprise Innovation, and EIT to develop and leverage data environment requirements for Wholesale to effectively deploy ML and AI solutions
- Increase team members knowledge of advanced analytic techniques across Wholesale
- Connect to corporate Model Risk to ensure that models deployed meet rigorous documentation and testing standards
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
Other Desired Qualifications
- BS/BA in quantitative field (ie, math or stats) or other discipline with quantitative emphasis (ie, sociology, biology, engineering, or economics). Master’s degree preferred.
- Having served as an in-house expert or change management leader focused on distributed machine learning and/or teaching others advanced techniques and using state-of-the-art methods
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with Wholesale data/information systems (e.g., WCIS, WDM, ProfitView)
- Proven ability to be a thought leader within data/reporting/analytics arena to develop an innovative culture to more effectively understand and know our customers within the Wholesale environment or other customer focused industries.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology and data leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
- Ability to understand Wholesale/line of business reporting and analytics needs and develop innovative, proactive actionable intelligence approaches to enhance business models and drive new relationship opportunities across the platform.
- Experience with third party data sources (e.g. D&B, CapIQ, PIERS)
- Experience with various statistical computing languages, including SAS, R, Python, MatLab, etc.
- Experience with computational frameworks used in distributed computing and/or machine learning.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.