|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
Position: Artificial Intelligence Engineer / AI Engineer
Location: Winston-Salem or Charlotte, NC
Remote: Once pandemic has cleared can work a hybrid schedule between Winston-Salem, NC and home location.
Note: Must have prior programming in Python and using TensorFlow
Seasoned research analyst with experience in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and mathematical-statistics modeling. This professional will apply his or her analytical, programming and business knowledge and skills, collaborating with other analysts and business leaders to complete complex projects and solve challenging problems integral to research and development of insurance products and management of those products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Execute complex projects - designing, creating, and innovating to meet Analytics goals
- Implement artificial intelligence and machine learning methods in combination with explanatory econometrics and statistics
- Build, maintain, and adjust predictive models
- Support development and implementation of models for insurance loss, conversion, retention, expense, etc.
- Employ programming techniques efficiently and soundly
- Develop and use large datasets across multiple platforms
- Communicate with fellow team members across functions
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Demonstrated artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical modeling knowledge and skill
- Experience using 4 or more modeling techniques such as the following: OLS, logistic regression, GLM, credit scoring, tree-based methods, time-series and forecasting, survival analysis, neural networks, nonlinear support vector machines, association rule learning, principle components analysis, K-means clustering, k-nearest neighbor classifiers
- Well-developed programming skills - specifically in SAS or SQL and other packages with statistical and machine learning application, e.g. R, SPSS, Python
- Detail orientation with discipline and commitment to excellent results
- Research / R&D project management and coordination skills
- Inter-personal and leadership skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity with ambition and will to learn, develop, and grow professionally within a complex and interesting business.
- Comfortable in Windows and Unix-type environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Graduate degree or equivalent in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, operations research, computer science or other quantitative field
- 5+ years overall relevant experience
- P&C insurance industry background with working knowledge of auto insurance and homeowners insurance
- Understanding of insurance product design and mathematical underpinnings of rating algorithms
- CAS exams or credentials