|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
In the SMU Data Science & Research Hub, the support team ensures that our research partners stay at the leading edge of technology by identifying, demonstrating, extending, and applying emerging technologies to solve real research problems. We currently work in the fields of data science, Internet of Things, advanced computing, and applied artificial intelligence and machine learning—areas that are changing and progressing rapidly. As we show our research partners how new technologies can improve their capabilities through rapid prototyping and iterative development, we both rely on and help shape academic and institutional research at SMU.
As a research enabler focusing on artificial intelligence and machine learning, you will identify, shape, apply, conduct, and lead research projects that matches critical academic needs. You will be responsible for building and scaling SMU’s next generation artificial intelligence and machine learning shared service in support of fast-growing research needs.
Are you creative, curious, energetic, collaborative, technology-focused, and hard-working? Are you interested in making a difference by bringing innovation to academic research and beyond? Apply to join our team.
- Hands-on research: You’ll conduct consultations and lead novel research projects in applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Solution development: You’ll collaborate with and lead interdisciplinary teams to build and grow research prototypes to solve cutting-edge, real-world problems for research and institutional stakeholders.
- Strategy: You’ll work with OIT and SMU leaders and colleagues to plan, develop, and carry out an overall research strategy, and to influence the University’s research agenda regarding future technology.
- Collaboration: You'll actively participate on teams of software data scientists, developers, researchers, and technical leads. You'll build relationships and support researchers, students, and other SMU stakeholders to understand and to address challenges, needs, possible solutions, and research deliverables.
- Mentoring: You'll contribute to improving the overall technical capabilities of the SMU by mentoring and teaching others, participating in design (software and otherwise) sessions, and sharing insights and wisdom across the OIT Data Science & Research Hub support team.