|Location||West Des Moines, IA|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2020|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing team is responsible for the development and design of methodologies and standards for review activities across the Enterprise in alignment with the Risk Management Framework, and ensuring effective and appropriate testing, validation, and documentation of review activities for risk programs, risks, and controls according to standards and other applicable policies.
The Enterprise Testing Technology, Analytics & Reporting (ET TAR) team provides reporting with audiences such as the firm’s Business Leaders, Risk Leaders, Operating Committee and Board of Directors. The analytics capability provided by ET TAR applies learning from the testing activities and drives early detection of operational failures across the firm. It will implement and manage comprehensive data analysis and reporting of the testing activities across the Second Line of Defense, leveraging the work of other Enterprise Testing functions to produce a comprehensive view of how risk-taking and exposures are monitored on an ongoing basis, helping to ensure that we can identify and act on areas that need attention or improvement.
This position will create, enhance and maintain standard monitoring tools for driving early detection of operational failures across the firm.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Leverage the latest in statistical and operational detection methodologies in order to find, classify and predict operational risk issues. Potential technologies include:
- DART (Dropouts meet Multiple Additive Regression Trees)
- State vector machines
- Multivariate linear regression
- Stochastic gradient decent
- Experience with bias and variance
- Signal processing techniques, Fourier transformations and other techniques
- Establishing and executing a framework for problems to be solved using artificial intelligence techniques that includes:
- Structuring of question/problem to be answered
- Assessment of potential topic areas
- Staff interviews to discover key issues and impacts
- Scoping of the problem to be solved
- Selection of technical solution
- Execution of the solution & oversight of implementation
- Internal “sale”/messaging of the program
- Functioning as a thought leader and top-notch problem solver; defining new ideas and approaches and refining existing ones to suit the business need.
- Collaborating closely with developers and business stakeholders on the transition of your research into high-value business applications, such as replacement of manual testing processes with systematic, data-driven approaches. Independently designing and undertaking new research as well as partner in a team environment across the organization.
- Implementing policies, procedures and measurements to support program, including on-going monitoring and reporting and documentation
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of financial industry experience
- 4+ years of risk management experience
- 4+ years of SAS programming experience
- 4+ years of Python experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Octave, Matlab and C/C++
- Possessing 2 years of State vector machines experience
- Possessing 2 years of Multivariate linear regression experience
- Possessing 2 years of Stochastic gradient decent
- Possessing 2 years of experience with Signal processing techniques, Fourier transformations and other techniques
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
GA-Atlanta: 360 Interstate North Pkwy Se - Atlanta, GA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
CO-Englewood: 9780 S Meridian Blvd - Englewood, CO
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
OR-Portland: 1300 Sw 5th Ave - Portland, OR
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
UT-Salt Lake City: 1095 E 2100 S - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 1255 E Brickyard Rd 1 Flr - Salt Lake City, UT
UT-Salt Lake City: 260 Charles Lindbergh Dr - Salt Lake City, UT
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
TX-HOU-Downtown: 1000 Louisiana St - Houston, TX
CA-Irvine: 2030 Main St - Irvine, CA
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.