|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
Leidos's Advanced Analytics Branch within the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC), has an exciting opening for a Machine Learning Engineer specializing in designing, developing, and deploying analytics that provide machine-learning and artificial intelligence-based capabilities. The position will be in support of deployment of analytics in the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program. D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. You will be working with a team of data scientists to expand on our 20+ AI/ML algorithms already in production.
We are looking for an AI/ML engineer with a specialization in analytics focused on machine-learning or artificial intelligence applications to join a team of data scientists in designing and developing advanced technology-based solutions for contract research and development projects, and then applying these solutions to the design and deployment of mission-focused systems. The innovative technical solutions delivered to customers advance the state of the art while addressing long-term problems of importance to national security. Candidates should have successful, proven, and demonstrable experience in development and integration of software-based solutions for competitive, contract-based applied research programs (e.g., 6.2), and proven experience deploying solutions at scale into prototype and production systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience in working with data scientists (including research scientists with backgrounds in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and embedded systems) in the design of sub-components, integration platforms, and testing and research validation methodologies and techniques.
Fun stuff you will do on the job with us:
- Design and implement efficient, fault-tolerant Machine Learning workflows for processing high-velocity, heterogeneous data in a production environment, including optimization of ML workflows for CPU & GPU processing.
- Manage the full lifecycle of Machine Learning microservices, including model prototyping, training & evaluation, containerization, unit testing, performance optimization, and deployment in a Kubernetes-based infrastructure.
- Work with a team of system engineers to help designing subsystems and components.
- Work with other senior data scientists to expand on existing AI/ML models and to evaluate third party services.
- Develop topics for creative and innovative R&D approaches to solving major machine-learning or artificial intelligence challenges.
Skills you need to be successful for this role:
- Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Poly
- Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, data science, or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics. A PhD is highly desirable.
- With a Master’s degree, at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Sustained (e.g., at least 4 years), hands-on experience with: data modeling and data engineering, feature engineering, model lifecycle management, and cloud infrastructure; supervised and unsupervised deep learning algorithms such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, gated recurrent units and working in data analysis, modeling, and visualization packages in TensorFlow, Kera, Pytorch, Caffe, and Theano; and developing or integrating analytics in programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with Natural Language processing.
- Experience integrating solutions that incorporate state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond in one or more subfields of ML or AI: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support; Reduced Order Modeling.
-Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects that include strong communication skills needed to present research plans, progress, and results to customers and internal decision-makers alike.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Top Secret clearance with SCI and Poly
- PhD or Master’s dissertation in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence with publication track record
- Prior experience working with All-Source Intelligence Analysts to design mission-focused solutions.
External Eligible Referral
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.